The regular use of antibacterial soaps can help to prevent bacteria from building up on the skin.
Practicing good hygiene and keeping skin clean may help prevent boils and prevent the spread of infection. The following are some helpful tips for practicing good hygiene:
- Carefully wash the clothing, bedding, and towels of any family member infected with boils in hot water
- Wash your hands thoroughly
- Clean and treat any minor skin wound
- Use antibacterial soaps and antiseptic washes
- Don’t share personal items such as razors or towels
- Make sure you eat nutritional meals that can help your body fight infections
Sometimes boils are reoccurring and it is especially hard to prevent them. In this case, quick and effective treatment is essential to ease discomfort caused by boils. If a boil continuously appears in the same location on your body, you should see your doctor or a health care professional.